A rural group in Nova Scotia’s Annapolis Valley that has been devastated by the continuing Lengthy Lake wildfire is rallying to assist these who misplaced their properties to the blaze.
Nick Bezanson is among the many 20 households within the space that misplaced properties to the out-of-control wildfire that continues to burn.
Bezanson says he realized on Tuesday that the house he shares along with his spouse, three kids and three cats was destroyed.

Get breaking Nationwide information
For information impacting Canada and around the globe, join breaking information alerts delivered on to you after they occur.
He says in a direct message on social media that he and his household had been bracing for the worst, and so they have been overwhelmed by the group’s outpouring of gives of non permanent housing and gadgets to substitute what they’ve misplaced.
Richard Roscoe, who lives in Lawrencetown, N.S., about 20 kilometres north of the wildfire, says the tight-knit group is working laborious to establish who wants a spot to keep and guarantee everybody has what they want because the hearth rages on.
The blaze that began earlier this month remains to be about 82 sq. kilometres in dimension.
Roscoe says the lingering cloud of smoke from the hearth has made respiration very tough for his asthmatic spouse, and says it’s one thing they’re anticipating to have to cope with for weeks to come.
© 2025 The Canadian Press