Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Greenwich University holds orientation of the spring batch of 2026

    February 22, 2026

    Govt to supply internet collection on Jinnah and Iqbal for a hundred and fiftieth anniversaries

    February 21, 2026

    Trump’s Tariff Announcement Met With a Torrent of Criticism

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Sunday, February 22
    Trending
    • Greenwich University holds orientation of the spring batch of 2026
    • Govt to supply internet collection on Jinnah and Iqbal for a hundred and fiftieth anniversaries
    • Trump’s Tariff Announcement Met With a Torrent of Criticism
    • First Version Pikachu Puppetronic by RealFX Sells Out in UK
    • My 8 Favorite Nonalcoholic Drinks to Enjoy Any Night of the Week | Wit & Delight
    • Punjab Education Sector Reforms Programme PESRP Jobs 2026 2026 Job Advertisement Pakistan
    • Trump says he’s increasing global tariffs to 15% – National
    • Zia Lanjar praises police efforts after notified bandit surrenders
    • Hesson defends Babar’s batting position
    • Microsoft’s new gaming CEO vows to not flood the ecosystem with ‘limitless AI slop’
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    The News92The News92
    • Home
    • World
    • National
    • Sports
    • Crypto
    • Travel
    • Lifestyle
    • Jobs
    • Insurance
    • Gaming
    • AI & Tech
    • Health & Fitness
    The News92The News92
    Home - Sports - Brook says a ‘disgrace’ if Pakistan gamers snubbed for hundred
    Sports

    Brook says a ‘disgrace’ if Pakistan gamers snubbed for hundred

    Naveed AhmadBy Naveed AhmadFebruary 21, 2026Updated:February 21, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Brook says a ‘disgrace’ if Pakistan gamers snubbed for hundred
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Forward of England’s opening Tremendous Eights conflict towards Sri Lanka in Kandy on Sunday, Brook — who will play for Indian-owned Sunrisers Leeds within the Hundred this yr. PHOTO: REUTERS

    England captain Harry Brook mentioned on Saturday that it might be “a disgrace” if Pakistani gamers had been shut out of England’s home white-ball Hundred competitors by Indian-owned franchises.

    Former England skipper Michael Vaughan on Friday urged the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) to “act quick” on BBC experiences that Pakistani gamers can be “neglected” within the participant public sale subsequent month.

    Forward of England’s opening Tremendous Eights conflict towards Sri Lanka in Kandy on Sunday, Brook, who will play for Indian-owned Sunrisers Leeds within the Hundred this yr, was requested concerning the situation.

    “Our fundamental focus now could be what’s arising within the T20 World Cup. It is not likely any of our enterprise, to be sincere,” Brook mentioned.

    “However what I’d say is Pakistan have been an important cricket nation for a few years.”

    Lengthy-standing political tensions between India and Pakistan have led to the border rivals solely enjoying one another in worldwide cricket occasions.

    Their Colombo showdown on the ongoing T20 World Cup solely went forward after Pakistan known as off a threatened boycott.

    “I feel there’s about 50, 60 gamers within the public sale, and it might be a disgrace to not see a few of them in there,” Brook mentioned.

    “There’s some superb cricketers and, yeah, they usually carry some nice crowds as effectively.

    “So it might be a disgrace to not see a few of the Pakistan gamers in there and make the match and competitors even higher.”

    Learn Extra: Rain interrupts Tremendous Eight opener after Pakistan choose to bat towards New Zealand

    The newly renamed Sunrisers Leeds is owned by Indian conglomerate Solar Group, one of many 4 of the eight Hundred franchises with connections to the Indian Premier League.

    The others are Manchester Tremendous Giants, Southern Courageous and MI London.

    It has been claimed that politics has additionally led to an efficient ban on Pakistani gamers taking part within the Indian Premier League since 2009.

    The ECB has been unable to substantiate the BBC allegations, however former England captain Vaughan known as for the governing physique to research the difficulty completely.

    Vaughan referred to the ECB’s said intention of cricket turning into essentially the most inclusive sport within the nation.

    “The ECB have to act quick on this … they personal the league and this shouldn’t be allowed to occur … essentially the most inclusive sport within the nation shouldn’t be one that permits this to occur,” Vaughan posted on X.

    An ECB spokesman mentioned: “The Hundred welcomes males’s and girls’s gamers from all around the world and we’d anticipate the eight groups to replicate that.”

    Solely two Pakistan internationals, Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim, appeared in final yr’s Hundred, the ultimate version earlier than new traders turned concerned.



    Source link

    Alright
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleGoogle VP warns that two varieties of AI startups might not survive
    Next Article New Highway Limitations In Oman To Reduce Crash Impression
    Naveed Ahmad
    • Website
    • Tumblr

    Related Posts

    Sports

    Hesson defends Babar’s batting position

    February 21, 2026
    Sports

    Jorgensen turns on magic for NSW

    February 21, 2026
    Sports

    Not Discovered

    February 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Top Posts

    Oatly loses ‘milk’ branding battle in UK Supreme Courtroom

    February 12, 20261 Views

    Greenwich University holds orientation of the spring batch of 2026

    February 22, 20260 Views

    Govt to supply internet collection on Jinnah and Iqbal for a hundred and fiftieth anniversaries

    February 21, 20260 Views
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • WhatsApp
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Latest Reviews

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    Demo
    Most Popular

    Oatly loses ‘milk’ branding battle in UK Supreme Courtroom

    February 12, 20261 Views

    Greenwich University holds orientation of the spring batch of 2026

    February 22, 20260 Views

    Govt to supply internet collection on Jinnah and Iqbal for a hundred and fiftieth anniversaries

    February 21, 20260 Views
    Our Picks

    Greenwich University holds orientation of the spring batch of 2026

    February 22, 2026

    Govt to supply internet collection on Jinnah and Iqbal for a hundred and fiftieth anniversaries

    February 21, 2026

    Trump’s Tariff Announcement Met With a Torrent of Criticism

    February 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Advertise
    • Disclaimer
    © 2026 TheNews92.com. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized reproduction or redistribution of content is strictly prohibited.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.