Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Top 10 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar

    February 21, 2026

    Energy discount fails to impress industry – Business

    February 21, 2026

    All eyes on Colombo as Pakistan take on New Zealand in opening Super Eight clash today

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Saturday, February 21
    Trending
    • Top 10 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
    • Energy discount fails to impress industry – Business
    • All eyes on Colombo as Pakistan take on New Zealand in opening Super Eight clash today
    • Nice information for xAI: Grok is now fairly good at answering questions on Baldur’s Gate
    • Asos co-founder Quentin Griffiths dies after fall in Thailand
    • Andrew is ‘sweating now’, says Virginia Giuffre’s family
    • Binance’s CZ Says He Performed a ‘Tiny’ Half in UAE’s Embrace of Bitcoin as Retailer of Worth
    • McDonald’s Japan Will Have Anime-Themed Uno Decks
    • 5 Important Questions to Ask Yourself *Before* Redecorating Your Home | Wit & Delight
    • The Begum Nusrat Bhutto Girls College Sukkur Jobs 2026 2026 Job Commercial Pakistan
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    The News92The News92
    • Home
    • World
    • National
    • Sports
    • Crypto
    • Travel
    • Lifestyle
    • Jobs
    • Insurance
    • Gaming
    • AI & Tech
    • Health & Fitness
    The News92The News92
    Home - National - Trump says ‘contemplating’ strike on Iran as Tehran says draft deal to be prepared in subsequent ‘two, three days’ – World
    National

    Trump says ‘contemplating’ strike on Iran as Tehran says draft deal to be prepared in subsequent ‘two, three days’ – World

    Naveed AhmadBy Naveed AhmadFebruary 21, 2026Updated:February 21, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Trump says ‘contemplating’ strike on Iran as Tehran says draft deal to be prepared in subsequent ‘two, three days’ – World
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email



    US President Donald Trump mentioned he was contemplating a restricted strike on Iran after ordering a serious naval buildup within the Center East geared toward heaping stress on Tehran to chop a deal to curb its nuclear program.

    The newest menace got here after Iran’s international minister mentioned a draft proposal for an settlement with Washington could be prepared in a matter of days following negotiations between the 2 sides in Geneva earlier this week.

    Trump had instructed on Thursday that “dangerous issues” would occur if Tehran didn’t strike a deal inside 10 days, which he subsequently prolonged to fifteen.

    Requested by a reporter on Friday whether or not he was considering a restricted army strike, Trump answered: “Probably the most I can say — I’m contemplating it.”

    After the talks in Geneva, Tehran mentioned the 2 sides had agreed to submit drafts of a possible settlement, which Iranian International Minister Abbas Araghchi instructed US media could be the “subsequent step”.

    “I imagine that within the subsequent two, three days, that might be prepared, and after ultimate affirmation by my superiors, that might be handed over to Steve Witkoff,” he mentioned, referring to Trump’s fundamental Center East negotiator.

    Araghchi additionally mentioned US negotiators had not requested that Tehran finish its nuclear enrichment program, contradicting statements from American officers.

    “Now we have not provided any suspension, and the US facet has not requested for zero enrichment,” he mentioned in an interview launched Friday by US TV community MS NOW.

    “What we are actually speaking about is the best way to be sure that Iran’s nuclear program, together with enrichment, is peaceable and would stay peaceable endlessly,” he added.

    His feedback stand in distinction to data relayed by high-ranking US officers, together with Trump, who has repeatedly mentioned Iran should not be allowed to complement uranium at any stage.

    Western nations accuse the Islamic republic of searching for to amass nuclear weapons, which Tehran denies, though it insists on its proper to enrichment for civilian functions.

    Iran, for its half, is searching for to barter an finish to sanctions which have confirmed to be a large drag on its economic system.

    Financial hardships sparked protests in December that advanced right into a nationwide anti-government motion final month, prompting a crackdown from authorities.

    ‘No ultimatum’

    The 2 foes held an initial round of discussions on February 6 in Oman, the first since previous talks collapsed during the 12-day Iran-Israel war last June, which the US joined by striking Iranian nuclear facilities.

    Washington has pursued a major military build-up in the region in tandem with the talks, and both sides have traded threats of military action for weeks.

    On Thursday, Trump again suggested that the US would attack Iran if it did not make a deal within the timeframe he laid out.

    “We have to make a meaningful deal otherwise bad things happen,” Trump told the inaugural meeting of the “Board of Peace”, his initiative for the post-war Gaza Strip.

    Iran’s ambassador to the UN, Amir Saeid Iravani, warned that US bases, facilities and assets would be “legitimate targets” if the United States followed through on its threats.

    Araghchi, however, insisted that “there is no ultimatum”.

    “We only talk with each other how we can have a fast deal. And a fast deal is something that both sides are interested in,” he said.

    “We are under sanctions, (so) obviously any day that sanctions are terminated sooner it would be better for us,” he said, adding Iran had “no reason to delay”.

    Washington has repeatedly called for zero enrichment, but has also sought to address Iran’s ballistic missile program and its alleged support for militant groups in the region — issues which Israel has pushed to include in the talks.

    The Israeli army said on Friday that it was on “defensive alert” regarding the situation with Iran, but that its guidelines for the public remained unchanged.

    Ratcheting up the pressure, Trump has deployed a significant naval force to the region.

    After sending the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln and escort battleships to the Gulf in January, he ordered a second carrier, the Gerald Ford, to depart for the Middle East.

    Subsequently, the USS Gerald Ford aircraft carrier was seen entering the Mediterranean Sea on Friday.

    The carrier was seen transiting the Strait of Gibraltar — which links the Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean — in a photo taken from the Gibraltar side of the strait.

    Iranian naval forces also conducted military drills this week in the Gulf and around the strategic Strait of Hormuz in their own show of force.



    Source link

    Given the focus on the key elements—high-level actors
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleAustralia coach blames players for humiliating World Cup exit
    Next Article City of Kelowna security patrols should be expanded to Rutland, business owners say – Okanagan
    Naveed Ahmad
    • Website
    • Tumblr

    Related Posts

    National

    Energy discount fails to impress industry – Business

    February 21, 2026
    National

    Channing Tatum debuts contemporary take a look at crimson carpet after shoulder surgical procedure

    February 21, 2026
    National

    Mike Hesson assured forward of Tremendous-8 conflict

    February 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Top Posts

    Oatly loses ‘milk’ branding battle in UK Supreme Courtroom

    February 12, 20261 Views

    ‘Fly excessive my angel’: 12-year-old lady dies by suicide amid bullying allegations

    February 7, 20261 Views

    Top 10 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar

    February 21, 20260 Views
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • WhatsApp
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Latest Reviews

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    Demo
    Most Popular

    Oatly loses ‘milk’ branding battle in UK Supreme Courtroom

    February 12, 20261 Views

    ‘Fly excessive my angel’: 12-year-old lady dies by suicide amid bullying allegations

    February 7, 20261 Views

    Top 10 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar

    February 21, 20260 Views
    Our Picks

    Top 10 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar

    February 21, 2026

    Energy discount fails to impress industry – Business

    February 21, 2026

    All eyes on Colombo as Pakistan take on New Zealand in opening Super Eight clash today

    February 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Advertise
    • Disclaimer
    © 2026 TheNews92.com. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized reproduction or redistribution of content is strictly prohibited.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.